Please read the following information before making a writing appointment at the bottom of the page.
WSTS is for undergraduate students and GWC is for graduate students at NC State. Please adhere to the following policies in order to ensure that we can continue to serve as many NC State students as possible.
- Appointments may be scheduled for 30 minutes or 1 hour.
(Please note that Consultants need time to complete their administrative duties between sessions. Therefore, they will end sessions at :25 and :55 minutes.)
- Students can schedule appointments for up to 1 hour per day and up to 2 hours per week
- Appointments can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Appointments should be cancelled up to 12 hours before the scheduled time. Please refer to your email appointment confirmation for the cancellation link.
- All members of a group must be present when working on a group project.
Loss of Tutoring Privileges
Two cumulative “no-shows” will result in the loss of privileges to use these services for the remainder of the semester. Furthermore, conditional approval must then be received in order to use these programs in future semesters.
No shows will be received for the following:
- Staying for less than 20 minutes for a 30 minute appointment
- For example, arriving more than 10 minutes late or leaving more than 10 minutes early
- Staying for less than 45 minutes for a 60 minute appointment
- For example, arriving more than 15 minutes late or leaving more than 15 minutes early
- Missing an appointment without canceling or canceling after 12 hours before the scheduled time
Need help now? Browse our online resources.