- Individual Weekly Assigned (WA) Tutoring
- The program in which all new tutors begin. Tutors must be able to work with at least 2 students (4 hours/week). Tutors must be able to provide a minimum of 10 hours/week of available time in order to be hired for the WA program.
- Group Weekly Assigned Tutoring
- Regular meetings with an assigned small group of students in MA, CH, and PY. Tutors with “symmetrical” schedules (e.g., available on M/W or T/H at the same times) are preferred. Tutors must be able to tutor 4 hours/week. In general, late afternoon or evening hours are required.
- Sign Up Tutoring
- Set hours in the UTC office with one-on-one appointments scheduled by UTC staff. Tutors must work a minimum of 4 hours/week and be able to tutor a variety of courses.
- Drop In Tutoring
- Set evening hours in the UTC drop in center (University College Commons) working with students in both one-on-one and group settings. Tutors must work a minimum of one evening/week and be able to tutor a variety of math courses and/or CH 101, 201, and 221.
- Study hall (2nd summer session only) for new START students working in CH 111, 101, MA 107, 111, 121, 141, BIO 181, EC 201, ENG 101 and various humanities courses.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI)
- Peer assisted study sessions attached to a specific section of a course. SI leaders work 8-10 hours/week by attending class, preparing for sessions, and facilitating sessions. SI is offered for CH 101, 201, 221, and PY 211 and 212.
- Writing and Speaking Tutoring Services
- Writing and speaking tutoring in the English language. All majors are welcome to apply! Tutors work set hours in one of several locations on campus. Minimum commitment is 4 hours/week.