The University Tutorial Center (UTC) provides tutoring for the following courses:
- Math 107, 108, 111, 114, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- Physics 131, 201, 202, 205, 208, 211, 212
- Chemistry 100, 101, 103, 111, 201, 203, 220, 221, 223, 225, 227
The UTC provides two types of tutoring options for students:
Drop-in tutoring is available for the math courses listed above as well as chemistry 101, 201 and 221. Hours and location are listed below.
|University College Commons, Rooms 108 & 110||6-9pm||6-9pm||6-9pm||6-9pm||Closed|
Additionally, drop in tutoring is provided by the departments listed below and is available throughout the semester:
The UTC offers two types of tutoring by appointment programs. Students must submit an application to the UTC office each semester to use either program:
- Sign up tutoring is for students who want the flexibility to schedule tutoring appointments only when needed. There is no regular commitment required to use the program, but students can use it up to two hours per week if desired.
- Weekly assigned tutoring is for students who want the commitment of two hours of tutoring every week with the same tutor throughout the entire semester.
First Time Users
Students who are new to using University Tutorial Center tutoring by appointment services must first attend an orientation before submitting an application. During this 30 minute orientation, students will learn about the different tutoring services available for their subject area and receive help choosing the best program for their needs. Students do not need to preregister for an orientation, but should have access to their class schedule and a writing utensil and arrive on time!
Large group orientations are offered every class day during the semester through fall/spring break. Additional opportunities are offered after fall/spring break until the course drop deadline each semester. The fall 2018 course drop date is Friday, October 26th.
Students who have used tutoring by appointment in previous semesters should complete an application online. Applications will be accepted through Friday, October 26th.