The UTC offers online tutoring for the following courses:
- Math 107, 108, 111, 114, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- Physics 131, 201, 202, 205, 208, 211, 212
- Chemistry 100, 101, 103, 111, 201, 203, 220, 221, 223, 225, 227
Schedule by calling (919) 515-3163 or schedule an appointment at go.ncsu.edu/gps
Online tutoring expectations
- The orientation and application process have been waived for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
Peer tutors work towards helping students become independent learners according to the following guidelines:
- Students should come to tutorial sessions prepared: having attended class and taken notes, with all necessary books and materials, having attempted homework and read assignments. Be prepared to share your online resources by sharing your screen in your Google Hangouts tutoring session.
- The tutor is a successful student, but not a teacher or expert. Though s/he is a good resource, the tutor will not do the student’s work and is not responsible for the student’s final course grade.
Students in all tutoring sessions should arrive on time, be prepared for the session, participate actively, and stay for the entire appointment.
- Students who cannot attend an online appointment should cancel by 12 hours before the appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or cancelling at go.ncsu.edu/gps.
Loss of Tutoring Privileges
Two cumulative appointment “no-shows” will result in the loss of privileges for the current semester. Please contact the UTC to discuss conditional approval for future semesters.
No shows will be received for the following:
- Cancelling after the deadline or failure to arrive to the appointment
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com or 919.515.3163.