Become a Tutor
Working with other students in a helping role will provide you with some of the most valuable experience you could ever get during your college years. Students interested in becoming chemistry, math, or physics tutors must attend an 30-minute information session to begin the application process. Students who are unable to attend are encouraged to apply in a future semester. Recruitment for the subsequent semester begins after fall break and spring break. If hired, tutors will be added by our staff to a section of USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring.
Top 5 reasons to become a tutor
- Solidify subject knowledge for future courses and GRE preparation
- Develop communication skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Earn money
- Prepare for future team employment
- Must have completed one full semester at NC State by the start of the semester in which you wish to tutor.
- Be an enrolled full-time undergraduate student with at least a 3.250 GPA overall.
- Attend an information session about becoming a UTC tutor.
- Have received an A or better in one of the courses listed below.
- Enroll in USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring, a 1-credit hour course, the first semester you tutor for the UTC. This course is available during the 10-week summer session and during the fall and spring semesters.
- Tutor at least 2 students per week (about 4 hours/week).
- Be able to tutor 2 subsequent semesters.
- Pay rates are determined by the number of hours of tutoring experience and training completed each semester.
- After successful completion of USC 210, students are eligible to become SI leaders, sign-up tutors, drop-in tutors, and group tutors.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CH 100, 101, 111, 201, 221, 220, 223
- MA 107, 108, 111, 114, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- PY 205, 208, 211, 212